Sunday, May 4, 2008

Aurora Borealis Firefly Spring sale


I participated in the 2nd annual spring sale (this 1st sale for me) and had a great time meeting a lot of lovely shoppers and seeing what other Flies are up to. Now I'm going to try posting pictures of my work.

This first one is one of my more extravagant pieces. This necklace is for that special occasion. I made the chainmail from hand cut sterling silver rings and combined it with four lampwork beads and strung it on 2 loops of sterling-plated, nylon-coated stainless steel cable. When worn the weight of the piece pulls the cables together and it lies flat and comfortable. This necklace is no lightweight but is very comfortable to wear. I'm asking $175 for this unique creation which measures 25" (64 cm) long with a 3" (8 cm) drop to the bottom of the pendant. SOLD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.